2 expositions de ses Œuvres Coréennes à Anvers et à Bruxelles
“A letter from Korea”
Huiles, aquarelles, dessins, croquis de voyage
90 Desguinlaan, apt 6A 2018 Antwerp , from February 15th till 28th, 2009
Vernissage on February 15th, 3pm
Musical intermezzo at 4pm by Su-Hyun Kim (flute) and Hee-Jong An (piano)
ACCESS TO LOVE2ARTS DETAILS
This exhibition will continue at
The European Parliament
in Brussels from March 3rd (6pm) till 5th, 2009 (invitation only)
PHOTOS DU VERNISSAGE AU PARLEMENT EUROPEEN
PICTURES OF THE OPENING AT THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT
MORE PICTURES HERE IN THE "PHOTOTHEQUE"
Palais royal, Séoul
neige sur le jardin secret.
Mon âme est devenue flocon de neige.
printemps prochain je mettrai ma joue sur la mousse près de la
rivière et je mangerai des fraises de Hadong…
neige blanche a effacé mes cendres.
Between Korea and Claude Rahir
it is a long story of amazement and love.
Claude Rahir travelled many times through South Korea, walking along many ways, from Soraksan to Mopko, from Chaedju Island to Pusan, from Cheonju to Kyongju, sketching and drawing landscapes and daily life in subways, restaurants, concerts and so on.
He dreamed of living, sometime, as often as possible, in that country which he loved like his own.
Claude Rahir also created monumental works shown in other parts of the world, such as Bolivia, Jamaica, French Guyana, Aegyptus, Italy, Japan, and, of course, a lot in Belgium (Brussels, Woluwé, Liège, Louvain-la-Neuve, Ottignies, Treignes, Havelange, Verviers, Fontaine-L’Evêque, Enghien…)
Except if you like to travel, you won't be able to see all his works; but you can discover them on this website.
About this exhibition
A lot of paintings and drawings exhibited here are telling anecdotes about Claude Rahir's journey through South Korea. They are also a reflection of his inquiries on Korean culture, philosophy, beliefs, and important people.
|Other characters are people whom Rahir had met on his travels; Mrs Kim who sells bread in the "Paris Baguette" store, a Lady with a lucky bird, a young Lady who was visiting his exhibition in Seoul on St. Valentine's day (The red scarf), a lady who offered him tea when he was drawing on Tchaedju Island (Tea with honey), ladies with a child in the subway, and so one.
Rahir loved the elegant appearance of Korean people very much, especially when the ladies are wearing their nice and subtle hanbok. Men also wear beautiful, coloured dresses. So when Rahir was painting after a journey in Korea, he was more audacious in using colours in his oil paintings.
Datum line of the artist with regard to Korea
|- 1987 Seoul, Museum of Modern Art, Kwacheong. Claude Rahir was selected
with 5 world artists for a personal work in MOSAIC OF NATURAL STONES
- 2000 Pusan, Participation in the INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM for PEACE, initiated by the Korean sculptor Park Chan Kab, under the aegis of theUnited Nations & UNESCO, in a Memorial Park about the end of the Korean war, SCULPTURE (engraved stone) , with 24 artists from 21 countries
- 2000 EDITION of 40 Drawings from Korea
- 2002 Pusan , Participation in the INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL of ART Banners, (500 participants from 44 countries), on the occasion of FIFA World Cup in Korea
- 2002 Seoul, personal EXHIBITION (pictures and drawings), Chohung Bank Gallery. This exhibition was sustained by Belgian Embassy in Korea and by the Foreign Office.
- 2002 PUBLICATION of Rahir’s travel notebook (texts and drawings) "Mes pérégrinations au pays du Matin Calme", in 2 languages, Korean and French. Translator, Mrs professor Kim Chung-Sook, from Hanyang University, ed. Mannam, Séoul
|- 2003 and 2005 Cheonju Jeollabuk-do, Participation in the INTERNATIONAL BIENNALE OF CALLIGRAPHY|
-2005 Séoul : GWANHOON gallery, EXHIBITION Korean-Eyesed, Exhibition featuring paintings and sculptures of twelve foreign artists whose works have been influenced by their time in Korea and thus reflect their view of the country.
-2005-10-02 Brussels: Rahir exhibited Paintings inspired by Korea, during a Korean feast, in Woluwe-St-Lambert (Belgium). Exhibition organised by Simon-Pierre Nothomb.
-2006 Seoul, Participation in the Hi Seoul Festival, WORLD CALLIGRAPHY FESTIVAL
-2009 2 exhibitions, in Antwerp (gallery Love2Arts) et in Brussel, European Parliament
Pour faciliter l’accès à la Galerie Love2Arts, lisez impérativement les détails pratiques ci-dessous
1. Vernissage : Confirmez votre présence ici: email@example.com
2. Si vous désirez visiter à un autre moment, tél. au 0473 40 69 11 pour convenir d’un rendez-vous (= apt au 6e étage).
3. Accès facile en voiture, dès l’arrivée à Anvers, venant de la E19, c’est à gauche après avoir surplombé le Ring (même avenue que le Singel, mais avant le Singel)
4. PARKING : à la Karel Oomsstraat. à côté du garage Peugeot (places de Parking sur le terre-plein au centre de la rue). Vous accédez alors au building directement par le jardin qui l’entoure, en passant par une petite porte noire. (Cela vous évite de faire le tour vers l’entrée principale 90 Desguinlaan, apt 6A)
CLICK TO SEE MAP